Bonjour.

Bonjour.

11 Jan 2009

Day 2

Day two in the unfamiliar city, Becca and I decide to wake up at 4am and plan our day. The Louvre is our top priority since I have a great love for art history and Becca likes everything. We purchased our metro tickets and were on our way, right off the subway I was in awe...through iron gates was the most amazing sight I have ever seen.

 The steel and glass pyramids were what immediately caught my eye along with the beautiful fountains which were almost frozen from the chilly atmosphere. The museum is a former castle, with the original moat and drawbridge still on display.

It took us all morning 8am-Noon to see everything La Louvre has to offer. One of the finest museums in the world filled with culture and art history; of course it took us nearly 4 hours to see everything. The Mona Lisa was the first major art piece we saw. It was covered in a double layered glass case and surprisingly very small for what I had imagined. 

The next exhibit was of Picasso and Delacroix. It was amazing. how Eugene Delacroix could paint of such massive canvases. Picasso's artwork was exactly as I had imagined it...breath taking. 

Of all the rooms in the Louvre, I had my favorites. The Greek statues and the Egyptian collection. I dragged Becca around for hours in just these two areas alone. The Venus de Milo made my whole Paris trip worthwhile, and its only day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

City of Lights.

City of Lights.
View from Eiffel Tower.

The Eiffel Tower

The long walk down the tower.

looking over the city.

The Avenue des Champs-Élysées

The Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Arc de Triomphe

I love Lights!

we rode the ferris wheel.

Way of Transportation.

Way of Transportation.
The Metro.

most time is spent underground.

Metro to Metro

Musee D'Orsay

Musee D'Orsay
La Seine